Furniture and Upholstery Cleaning in Whitby
Recent Google Reviews – What Our Customers Are Saying!
Furniture and Upholstery Cleaning
6 Steps that our experts take to restore the beauty of your upholstered furniture:
- Careful Pre-Cleaning Fabric Test. Our methods are safe.
- Dry Vacuum Process. Powerful but gentle.
- FabricSafe™ Pre-Cleaning Treatment. Tough on dirt, gentle on furniture.
- Special Attention To All Spots & Stains. No extra charge.
- ThermoRinse™ Cleaning. Deep cleaning, fast drying.
- Final Hand Grooming. For fresh & beautiful furniture.
Your upholstered furniture is thoroughly cleaned using a Thermo-Rinse™ truck-mounted steam cleaning system. We use use gentle but effective FabricSafe™ cleaning products and a Fast-dry™ chemical free fresh water rinse.
6 Steps that our experts take to restore the beauty of your leather furniture:
- Careful Pre-Cleaning Leather Test. To ensure colourfastness.
- Pre-Cleaning Wipe. To remove loose soiling.
- Professional Leather Cleaning Treatment. Gentle but thorough.
- White Rag Treatment. Thorough removal of cleaning product.
- Leather Conditioner. Nourishes, rejuvenates & prevents premature leather aging.
- Finished With Care. Surface of leather buffed to a smooth, even finish.
We use professional grade cleaning and conditioning products to leave your leather looking its best! This process also leaves leather feeling softer, and protects it from aging.
You chose your furniture with care. You can trust the experts at Prestige Carpet Cleaning to take care in cleaning it.
More than just carpet cleaning – Prestige Carpet Cleaning technicians are trained and equipped to clean your upholstered and leather furniture! Even with regular vacuuming and spot cleaning for spills or stains, furniture needs cleaning every 18 to 24 months to maintain it’s best appearance and extend its maximum useful life.
Most furniture holds up very well to daily wear and tear without showing clear signs of soiling, however without professional cleaning, there is gradual accumulation of soil over time. In upholstered furniture, soil particles are worked into the surface, contributing to premature wear and permanent fabric damage. With leather, long term neglect can cause permanent discoloration and damage to the leather.
Not sure if your furniture needs cleaning? Ask our tech to test your upholstery using the vacuum test, or to test-clean an inconspicuous spot on your leather furniture.
Furniture Cleaning FAQs
Why should I choose professional upholstery cleaning?
Dust, dirt in the air and on clothing settle into upholstery and carpet. Regular use of furniture causes these almost invisible soil particles to penetrate deeper than a regular vacuum or personal steam cleaner can extract. Over time, soil particles degrade the fibres of your upholstery, causing permanent damage and decreased appearance.
My furniture has some removable covers – why not just put them in the washing machine?
Your washing machine & laundry detergent are not designed for properly cleaning the designer fabrics used for furniture. Zippered cusions are designed this way so that the foam or cushion can be replaced when it wears out, not so that the cover can be washed at home. Professional furniture cleaning provides a thorough clean without fading, shrinkage and damage to the shape or fabric. Furthermore, when you clean just the cushion covers the rest of the furniture will not match the clean cushions.
Will professional upholstery cleaning remove the protective coating applied when I bought my furniture?
Over time all fabric protectors lose effectiveness, with or without cleaning. If your furniture was purchased more than 2 years ago or is clearly showing signs of soiling, professional upholstery cleaning is recommended. Cleaning will remove what is left of the protectant that was applied when you bought your furniture. We are a certified applicator of 3M Scotchgard ™ Fabric Protector, the worlds leading fabric protection system.
Can you do anything to eliminate strong odours in my furniture?
In addition to Scotchgard ™ which is applied following your cleaning, we also offer Advanced Generation Deodorizer™, which is applied prior to the cleaning and works to disinfect the upholstery, remove odours and leave a pleasant light citrus scent. For biological stains and odours, we recommend application of an enzyme based product called Bio-Treat ™. Bio-Treat ™ is applied following your cleaning and the active formula works over the next 24 to 48 hours to actually digest any residual organic material and stains, improving the appearance and the smell.
Preparing for Your Cleaning
One or two days prior to your appointment, we will telephone you to confirm all of your details, including your cleaning address and your order. If you have any questions before then, please feel free to telephone us or contact us.
Before We Arrive:
1) Pre-Vacuum – furniture captures a lot of dust, dirt and hair. Much as you would vacuum or sweep a hard floor before mopping or cleaning, it is very important that your furniture is thoroughly pre vacuumed before we clean it. This can make a huge difference in cleaning results!
2) Preparing Your Space – please move all lamps, plants and breakables that might get in the way of access of all sides of the furniture before we arrive and make sure that the areas to be cleaned are clear of additional items (throw pillows & blankets, etc.).
On the Day of Cleaning:
1) Time – If your appointment is scheduled for the morning, you will be called the previous business day with your narrowed down time of arrival, if you have an appointment scheduled for the afternoon, you will get a call between 10 am and 11 am the day of your cleaning with your narrowed down time.
2) Parking – we require legal, paved parking within 30 feet of the entrance of your home.
3) Payment – we accept debit and all major credit cards. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept personal cheques or cash.